I thought it was about time to take a break and bring you up-to-date on some of our ongoing projects.
1. Shave Oil– Since I last posted, I got my hands on some essential oils and started experimenting. I used:
- Tea Tree Oil- Chosen for its antibacterial properties. The goal of tea tree oil is to prevent anything that gets into the open, fresh skin from causing or exacerbating breakouts.
- Chamomile- Chosen for its soothing properties. The oil is still on the skin after the razor passes over it, and the chamomile is ready to soothe it.
- Lavender- Also chosen for its soothing properties. Skin that just had a layer taken off by a metal blade needs all the help it can get!
- Peppermint- Cooling, and makes his skin feel better.
- Jojoba Oil- Known to be good and nourishing for the skin, so I added in a bit as another carrier oil.
The verdict? He loves it! He has had way less inflammation, and less breakouts on his neck. In his words, “The best shave EVER!” Sometime he doesn’t even need to use any aftershave (which is good, because I haven’t managed to make that at home, yet!)
2. Hot Dog Bun Disaster– I wish I could say that I made them again and they were wonderful. I didn’t. I didn’t do anything like that. But, I did turn them into breadcrumbs. So, win.
3. Saurkraut– WAS A SUCCESS!!! Finally, I was able to lacto-ferment something! Check out the bubbles!
It was so tasty!!! Even John liked it!!!!
This post was featured on Fight Back Friday at Food Renegades and Simple Lives Thursday at GNOWFGLINS!